Theo is just straight up out of his mind. https://t.co/tVocSBEquE
— Jason Pugh 🏳️🌈 (@TheJasonPugh) March 17, 2023
Imagine what it must be like for a grown-ass man to have the kind of psychotic break that he adopts a religion that tells him to call people “gay” who stand up for LGBTQ rights because a 2000-year-old book tells them to.
Somewhere out there, Theo Fleury is blaming this on drag queens.
— Dan Arel (@danarel) March 3, 2023
Hardcore Evangelicals like Theo would love nothing more than to feel the warm, naked embrace of the same sex. They protest to convince others in their community they are not gay and hope against hope that all that protesting “de-gays” them.
Trust me. It’s a thing in Evangelical circles.
“The Bible Tells Me So”
- Leviticus 18:22: “Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.”
- Leviticus 20:13: “If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.”
- Romans 1:26-27: “Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.”
- 1 Corinthians 6:9-10: “Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”
- 1 Timothy 1:9-10: “We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine.”
Theo is part of the “Millstone” group of “believers.” They base their hatred of Drag Queens reading books to kids on this 2000-year-old new testament verse and bundle it up with the other shit for some serious hate fuel.
Matthew 18:6 (NIV): “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.”
That’s right. Evangelical hardcore (not all Christians) like Theo equate being gay to slave trading and murder and being gay around a child as a crime worthy of death. Nice, huh?
And If Theo regards men who wear make-up around kids as gay, what’s all this then?
Men in dresses reading to kids? What’s all this, then?
(Drag Story Time Cartoon Jesus looks Angry)
Unsurprisingly, Gay Christians have been found to experience higher rates of mental health issues and suicidal thoughts than the general population. This increased vulnerability may be due to various factors, such as discrimination, social stigma, and internalized homophobia, which can be exacerbated when there is a conflict between one’s sexual orientation and religious beliefs.
Dean Blundell is a Canadian radio personality. Best known as a longtime morning host on CFNY-FM (The Edge) in Toronto, Ontario. In 2015 he was named the new morning host on sports radio station CJCL (Sportsnet 590 The Fan). Dean started his career in radio in 2001 and for nearly 20 years been entertaining the radio audience. Dean’s newest venture is the launch of his site and podcast which is gaining tremendous momentum across North America.